Other benefits of a residential PV system include:
- Flexibility. Stay connected to your utility company’s grid and use grid electricity as a backup — or run a completely off-grid setup for total independence.
- Security. A solar system with a battery storage bank can provide an energy safety net in extreme weather events that result in power outages.
- Property value boost. If you plan to sell your house, a residential PV system will appeal to many potential buyers.
- Federal and state incentives. Currently, homeowners enjoy federal tax credit on solar installations. Colorado also has a sales tax exemption that covers any extra value a solar installation will add to your home.
- Lower carbon footprint. When you go solar, you are doing the best thing for the planet by choosing a clean, renewable energy source.
The cost for solar panels for homes has dropped significantly over the past decade, making home PV systems a viable choice for Colorado homeowners. Nevertheless, solar panels remain a significant long-term investment.
To ensure that your solar system serves you well over decades, choose a trustworthy local solar panel company. If you work with us at ARE Solar, our installation professionals will be sure to deliver an efficient solar system that is tailored to your needs and maximizes your savings.